In 1921 Dr Grenfell built a golf course on farm fields in the west of Saltash which included part of Tincombe, including Tincombe Green and what is now, Tincombe Nature Reserve.
The marsh at that time was drained to create obstacles and bunkers.
The golf course came to an end in the early 1940’s as new housing was built around the area.
Many road names have been named in honour of the golf course locally including Wentworth Way, St. Andrews Close, Fairway and Carnoustie Drive to name a few.
Todays Tincombe Green was actually a green on this golf course over 100 years ago!